Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Annunciation of the Lord. Book of Isaiah 7:10-14.8:10b.

The LORD spoke to Ahaz, saying: 
Ask for a sign from the LORD, your God; let it be deep as the nether world, or high as the sky! 
But Ahaz answered, "I will not ask! I will not tempt the LORD!" 
Then he said: Listen, O house of David! Is it not enough for you to weary men, must you also weary my God? 
Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel. 
Form a plan, and it shall be thwarted; make a resolve, and it shall not be carried out, for "With us is God!" 



Psalms 40(39):7-8a.8b-9.10.11. 


Sacrifice or oblation you wished not, 
but ears open to obedience you gave me. 
Burnt offerings or sin-offerings you sought not; 
then said I, “Behold I come.” 

“In the written scroll it is prescribed for me, 
To do your will, O my God, is my delight, 
and your law is within my heart!” 

I announced your justice in the vast assembly; 
I did not restrain my lips, as you, O LORD, know. 

Your justice I kept not hid within my heart; 
your faithfulness and your salvation I have spoken of; 
I have made no secret of your kindness and your truth 
in the vast assembly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68