Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Thanksgiving for Deliverance and Prayer for Help (Psalm 40:1-2, 4, 7-10)

1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the desolate pit,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.

4 Happy are those who make
the Lord their trust,
who do not turn to the proud,
to those who go astray after false gods.
7 Then I said, “Here I am;
in the scroll of the book it is written of me.
8 I delight to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart.”

9 I have told the glad news of deliverance
in the great congregation;
see, I have not restrained my lips,
as you know, O Lord.
10 I have not hidden your saving help within my heart,
I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation;
I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness
from the great congregation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68